Teaching and Learning for the 21st Century
Engage in the classroom. Apply everywhere.
With the recent reshaping of Wharton’s undergraduate and MBA curricula, we updated what we teach. Now with a set of Teaching Excellence initiatives, we are emphasizing how we teach. Our goal is to ensure that Wharton continues to define best practices in the dissemination of knowledge to our students.
We believe two factors define teaching excellence: vibrant engagement between faculty and students in the classroom and clear application of the knowledge learned to pressing challenges and opportunities beyond the classroom.
Through our focus and commitment to the principle of “engage and apply,” Wharton is creating a transformative educational experience for all of our students.
Prof. Gérard Cachon
Vice Dean of Teaching and Strategic Initiatives
Fred R. Sullivan Professor
Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
Professor of Marketing
Our Initiatives for Teaching and Learning Excellence
Teaching Excellence Committee
A committee comprised of senior faculty will identify, develop, and share best practices in teaching throughout the School.
View Committee Members
- Sigal Barsade, Joseph Frank Bernstein Professor; Professor of Management
- Jennifer Blouin, Accounting Professor
- Gérard Cachon, Fred R. Sullivan Professor; Professor of Operations, Information and Decision; Professor of Marketing; Vice Dean of Teaching and Strategic Initiatives
- Michael Roberts, William H. Lawrence Professor; Professor of Finance
- Jagmohan Singh Raju, Joseph J. Aresty Professor; Professor of Marketing; Vice Dean, Wharton Executive Education