Featured Research Opportunity
WCAI is pleased to announce our research opportunity for February 6, 2013, an analysis of Coaltion Loyalty Programs. The sponsor will provide a comprehensive, anonymized data set describing 14,000 accounts, their transactions histories within or outside the Network, and their reward redemptions. The data set also includes specific transactions at the cardholder level, enabling deeper analysis than typically only available at the household level.
The sponsor is interested in finding better ways to marketing to their customers to encourage them to use the card, understanding better how the rewards program affects consumer behavior, and gauging the relative value of partners within the network and the value of the loyalty program itself. Read more...
Upcoming Research Activities
- Analysis of Coalition Loyalty Programs - View Now
- WCAI Announces R Library for "Buy 'Til You Die" Models - details; press coverage
- Hertz Research Opportunity grant award recipients - view the list
- PG&E Research Opportunity grant award recipients - view the list
- 4Ps Data from a Multichannel/Multibrand Retailer Research Opportunity grant award recipients - view the list
- Multinational Fast Moving Consumer Goods Research Opportunity grant award recipients - view the list
- Advertising Effectiveness grant award recipients - view the list
The WCAI “Research Opportunity” process is a unique approach to bring together corporate partners and top academics around a data-oriented challenge. Because Research Opportunities often focus on new data sources and relatively un-researched areas, the scholars working on Research Opportunities often create completely new ways of analyzing the data and providing business insight. The process is designed to minimize the time requirements for the corporate partner, but still truly engage them in the research, giving them a chance to understand their own business issues more deeply and benefit from the insights of top faculty from marketing, computer science, information systems, statistics and other data-driven disciplines.
The Research Opportunity includes a comprehensive process of defining the opportunity, holding a live webinar to discuss the available data, selecting the most intriguing research proposals, distributing the data, supporting the research and, finally, the reporting and publication of research findings. Click here for more information about the Research Opportunity process. See below to view a sample of a Research Opportunity webinar.
Please note: The Research Opportunity webinars are posted here for a research-focused audience and should not be quoted, paraphrased or otherwise utilized without written permission of WCAI. Any media inquiries or requests for quotes about the projects should be directed to email@example.com.
For more information on our Current Research Opportunities (in progress), please click the titles below:
- Russ Reid/American Red Cross: Cultivating Disaster Donors
- Sirius XM Radio Inc.: Predicting Customer Acquisition and Retention Using Structured & Semi-Structured Data
- Global Consumer Goods brand: If you LIKE will you buy? New Data on Social Media Exposure and Purchase Behaior
- Multibrand/Multichannel Retailer: "4 Ps" data for a Multi-Channel/Multi-Brand Retailer
- PG&E: Leveraging SmartMeter Data to Increase Customer Engagement and Reduce Energy Consumption
- Hertz: Customer and Employee Satisfaction in Repeat Retail Transactions
- European Coalition Loyalty Program: Analysis of Coalition Loyalty Programs
For information about other Research Opportunities, contact Ben Adams, WCAI Research Director.